iPhone 5 | Edited with VSCOcam | Preset – F1
A few weeks ago my friend Irene introduced me to a city I had passed by for years as I drove to Half Moon Bay to hang out at the beach or go fishing. I feel like I missed out all these years!
We went to check out the driftwood at the beach, tried to get some artichoke soup (which apparently Pescadro is famous for, but there actually is an artichoke shortage in CA right now!), stopped by a thrift store, farmers market, and ended the day by visiting the goat farm. Yes, a goat farm!
I used this opportunity to test out my new lens! All photos taken with a Nikon D3s + 35mm f/1.4
And I leave you with a huge stalk of brussels sprouts I bought at the farmers market!
A few of my current obsessions:
1. Fitbit One Wireless Activity Tracker /// I’ve had this for over a month and only have 4 friends on it, but oddly it motivates me. It’s basically a glorified pedometer and it tracks how many “stories” you climb. Every 10 feet of elevation equals 1 story. This past Tuesday I got my all time best. 22, 451 steps in one day which equals to 10.02 miles! Don’t even know how I did that on a school night.
2. MANATEA Infuser /// Just look at this!!! How could I resist?!?!?! Also it’s really easy to clean up which makes me even happier.
3. David’s Tea – Organic Cream of Earl Grey /// This tea is absolutely delicious. I can’t get enough of it. If you like Earl Grey, this a a must try.
4. Starbucks’s Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade /// Tried it this week and had it twice already. Enough said.
5. KT Tape /// I’m getting old. Things are starting to hurt and fall apart. I tried to run this week for the first time in months and turns out my shin splints still hurt and so does my knee. I figured I might as well try this. I was skeptical, but it works!!!! The problem I have is…everything hurts so my legs look like they’re covered in tape.
6. The Giant Run 10k /// My first 10k! I hate running, but I bought my friend’s bib off of her and now here I am. It’s 9 days before the race I think I can slowly jog 3 miles. At this rate, my goal is to finish the race in under 2 hours. I’m contemplating jogging 1 mile and walking 5. Come to mama Serigo Romo bobblehead!
7. Ted Baker London ‘Bow Crystal – Small’ Wallet /// Sometimes you buy something that is completely unnecessary and you agonize for a week if you should keep it or return it. This was that purchase. Hello, it’s covered in a french bulldog lining…couldn’t give it up.
Have a great weekend!
A few weeks ago, Jason contacted me to tell me he was planning on proposing to his girlfriend of 6 years, whom he has known since junior high. That first sentence already captured my heart. His plan was to propose to her at Dolores Park where they took their first trip together and where he knew she was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He also wanted a few close friends to be present and surprise his girlfriend, Sunmee right after the proposal.
Of course, I was all for this and wanted to be part of it! The only problem was, Jason and his girlfriend aren’t from the Bay Area and hadn’t been to Dolores Park in years. Since their first trip the park had gone through some renovations. We actually weren’t sure the bench he had been talking about still existed. I went to scout out the location and was elated to find the bench existed! I took some photos, drew all over them and helped create “The Plan.” The trickiest part of this was I had no idea what Jason and Sunmee looked like as I was going off of a photo he sent to me!
The day of the proposal I headed over and secured the bench. Jason & Sunmee’s friends showed up and we essentially took that bench hostage. At one point we asked a random couple if they would be willing to sit on the bench, and when Jason and Sunmee approached, to just casually get up and leave (sooooo smooth, right?)
Jason proposed overlooking San Francisco, she said yes!, their friends ran out from behind a tree to surprise them and the entire secret proposal was a success!
Charlotte & Phillip first came to me three years ago when they did an engagement session. Since they got married in Hong Kong they wanted to have some more photos in their wedding attire that would be different from their actual wedding day. A few months ago they contacted me wanting to do a day after session, so we headed over to Napa for a quick trip to grab these stunning portraits. Napa never fails! It was also cute that strangers would congratulate the “newlyweds” although they’ve been married for a few years!
The weather was amazing and the flowers were blooming. I honestly could not have asked for better conditions. I probably could have stayed in that little field a l l d a y l o n g. It was just that gorgeous!
Hair & Bouquet – Stephanie Lau (email@example.com)