Back in November I was hired to shoot a wedding in Florida! Well since we were in Florida my sister and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to visit some of the world’s greatest amusement parks! We went to Universal Studios/Harry Potter World & of course the super magical Disney World (which has to be its own post)!
I am a huge Harry Potter fan! I’ll admit I’ve bought the books the day they came out and obsessively read until I was finished. Just when I thought I couldn’t get any more Harry Potter-ed imagine my shock and joy when I found out they were making an amusement park!!! I knew I had to go…one day…even if it was just so I could try the Butterbeer! Well that day came and went and I still love Harry Potter!
A few things about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- It’s part of The Islands of Adventures (Universal Studios has 2 parks, like Disneyland/CA Adventure) My sister and I bought a park hopper ticket, but now looking back we should’ve just saved our money because we didn’t spend much time over on the Universal Studios side.
- It’s a lot smaller than you think. You can do the Harry Potter section in half a day, but my sister and I kept coming back, so for Harry Potter lovers like us we could stay the entire day.
- I think there are only 3 rides.
- Butterbeer = Butterscotch cream soda flavored amazing goodness.
- Pumpkin Juice = Tastes like pumpkin pie in juice form. Didn’t taste as bad as it sounds, but Butterbeer was way better.
- Bring an umbrella or poncho with you. You’ll see sudden crazy downpours. At the end of the night it started to pour buckets of water.
- Cool tip = Bring some stamps and send a postcard home! They have someone that will stamp your postcard for you!
These are a combination of photos from my Canon s90 and my sister + my phones (Droid X) which actually takes some amazing photos! Bringing a dslr to an amusement park isn’t very practical especially when they make you put everything into lockers each time you go on a ride.
And that my friends concludes our trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Up next…Disney World!